How do I delete my facebook messenger app and account? Millions of people around the world use Messenger and so many add up every single day. While FB Messenger is one of the most preferred instant messaging platforms, it’s not without its nuisances.
Many people feel overwhelmed by the power of online media that hooks them to the virtual world of status updates and sharing photos/ videos.
Facebook offers a myriad of privacy features to keep your information and data safe. You can change the settings at any time to ensure your photos and other data are only accessed by selected people. However, if for any reason you do not wish to keep your FB Messenger account, you may seek information on how to delete Messnger.
How To Delete Facebook Messenger on Android
- To delete messenger on Android you will first need to go to the home screen and access the Google Play Store. Tap on the Store’s icon to go to Google Play Store.
- Next, you need to look for ‘Facebook Messenger’ in the Google Play Store.
- When you find it, tap on the Messenger app by Facebook and open it in the app’s page in Play Store
- On the Google Play Store page, you will find the uninstall button. Just click on it and tap OK to confirm your request for deletion and the Messenger will be deleted.
How to Delete Facebook Messenger on iOS
- On your mobile home screen, tap and hold the Messenger icon until it begins to shake
- Now, tap on the small ‘x’ symbol on the top left corner of the Messenger icon to uninstall the app
- You will see a pop up window that asks you to confirm that you wish to delete the app.
- Tap Delete and Messenger will be deleted from your phone.