- Image via CrunchBase
Twitter has quickly become one of the most popular social networking websites on the internet. What’s the rage all about? Are you wondering how to use Twitter? Follow the simple steps listed below, and you will be online and tweeting with your friends in no time flat!
- Go to www.twitter.com
- Click on the green box near the bottom that says “Get Started – Join!”
- Fill out the required information, including your name, desired user name, desired password, and an email address.
- Once you are signed up, you are ready to start tweeting – it’s as easy as that! A smart first step is to update your profile. Do this by clicking on the Settings link near the top of the page. From this page, you can add information including your name, location, language, one line bio, and more information. Another fun thing to edit is the Design link near the top. On here, you can choose a theme, background image, and design colors to make your page more personalized.
- To find friends, click on Find People, which can be found from your profile page (your profile will be http://twitter.com/username). From here, you can search by friend’s names, or their user names if you know them. Otherwise, you can search for celebrities, businesses, or just about any group or person you can think of. Click the grey box that says “Follow,” and any updates they make to their page will show up on your home page.
- You can also find friends from your email. Again, click on “Find People,” and this time, click on the link near the top that says “Find on other networks.” If you have Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or AOL Mail, you can enter your login information from your email, and you can find anyone on your contact list who is on Twitter.
- To make an update to your own Twitter page, click on the Home link near the top. Type your update into the box directly under the phrase “What are you doing?” Make sure your update is 140 characters or less. Click the Update button, and you’re tweeting!
- If you want to view someone else’s Twitter page, simply click on the hyperlink of their username, and you will be taken to their page. From here, you can see all of the updates that have posted, along with see who they are following, and who is following them.
With a few simple steps, you just learned how to use Twitter. This social networking site is easy to use, and is lots of fun! Have fun finding lots of interesting and entertaining people to follow, and don’t forget to update often!
- What is Twitter
- How to Make Money with Twitter
- How to Update BIOS
- How to Burn a CD Using iTunes
- How to Make Money Online